Friday 1 January 2010

Touch GO! into Twenty Ten

Google images of Victoria Harbour


Happy New Year everyone! :)

Time flies when you're having fun. It seems like yesterday when I graduated from university. This year, Fat Eagle has graduated while the two youngest siblings are in secondary school. The fifth sibling is still in one (very tattered) piece and will probably survive another hundred washings in the washing machine.

I have been in Cantoland for more than two years now. While some may consider it a relative short period of time, I prefer to see it in terms of proportion. 27/303 months of my existance = 8.91% of my life.

2009 has been an exciting year. I made a resolution to see more of the world and I did! Looking back at my very dire predictions for 2009, I can see that they did come true (except the fireworks bit and mangoes ). We were pessimistic entering 2009 and we leave it feeling the worst of the financial crisis has past.
.
My favourite dimsum restaurant closed down, and deep fried custard bun is no longer very readily available as it has been taken off the menu at my local restaurant. I hang out with the girls in the hospital and we spend our days oogling the pretty cars in the carpark and speaking Cantonese. One day we will have the guts to leave our phone numbers on the baby pink volkswagon beatle with a Barbie on the dashboard. It is so cute! If I have a car, I will get a customised number plate called 'Barbie' hahaha!
.
This year the BBC could not decide if Dr Who would pronounce as 'two thousand and ten' or 'twenty ten'. In the end, they settled on 'twenty ten'. A shorter mouthful if you ask me!
.
And twenty ten is going to be a good year!

1 comment:

Stella said...

LX: Happy New Year! :)