Saturday 28 August 2010

Real Chinese

It is official...

I am a real Chinese person! =) I get the 'yellow on the outside, white on the inside' and the 'cannot take spicy food' jibes all the time. Believe me, if they can take away my claim to Asianism they will!

So I got me a proper certificate. In fact, I should have scanned it as a jpeg file for the whole world to see. Our esteemed Chairman Mou once said:
'不到長城非好漢' which literally means you're not a real man until you've been to the Great Wall. Some people dispute the saying alluding to the actual 8000+km walls but most tourists are happy to accept it as are the travel agencies raking it in.

Needless to say, yours truly climbed all 193 steps of it.. Did I say 193 steps? Well there were too many people and it was too hot. Anyways, I got my certificate by arriving at the site. We got a spare cert for er the Fifth Sibling... Fat Eagle can go get his own when he gets to Beijing. So Lamby Chai Ming Noodles is a real Chinese too, even though my little sister has always known that by the 'Made in China' tag on his bum (Lamby not Osbert).

So if anyone ever questions my authenticity, I have a certificate to prove!

No comments: