Thursday 13 August 2009

Journey to the Centre of the Universe!

I am going to Beijing today! :)

There is this massive conference that is held every year in an Asian-Pacific country where all the world's experts on diabetic limb congregate to present their life's work. Essentially, I am going there to be a screaming fan to flash my boobs at all the biggest names in podiatry. Well, maybe not flash my boobs.
The real reason I want to visit Beijing is for Peking duck *shh*, the great wall and the Forbidden City. I was told there is a roller coaster at the great wall of China for the thrill-seeking tourist. The American is supposed to go jump off a building on Saturday and I didn't want to feel left out of the adrenaline rush! :) Then I have an excuse not to go do the same the following weekend.
I can't wait to visit the capital of China and see for myself how modernisation has changed the landscape. No doubt, my view of the city will be all squeaky clean and wonderful. The underbelly of Beijing would be hidden away from view, and not easily found in the short time I am there.
I just hope there is time for me to soak in the hot spring! The conference is being held at this resort which promises hot springs, shopping and a theme park hohoho. It is just a ploy really, to make us think that we are going to enjoy ourselves, when we have to be at the conference from 8am till 9pm the whole three days!
It's probably a good thing, that I am not Singaporean, and thus will not exhibit the kiasu-ness to attend the whole conference and therefore will have time to be a prune. Assuming that my flight with China Airways actually lands in one piece. Then I have to worry about being able to make it back to Cantoland alive.

No comments: