Sunday 29 November 2009

And the seas parted...

As most people know, I am multi-talented *hahahahaha*. No, seriously, I am. :)

However, even perfect people have their quirks. And mine is that I cannot ride a bike *shock horror*. Oh, I did try as a child. I still remember aged six and living at Maria Strat in the Hague, my dad was trying to teach me the finer points of riding a bicycle. Everyone in Holland rode a bike. I couldn't for the life of me get it, even with trainer wheels. Then we went on holiday to Austria, and lo behold! I could ride when we got back! :)

The skill was lost with age and I found myself unable to ride a bike aged sixteen. Don't ask me why. I can't drive well either.

The local and the Aussie-local can't believe this for a fact, and persuaded me to come bike riding. So I went as I was promised dimsum after, and I love dimsum! :)

We went off in the heat of the day and rode thirteen freakin' kilometres! It was a scenic route and the weather was fantastic, but my bum hurt. In fact, it still hurts. The Aussie-local was equally unacclimatised to exercise, and we made the local abandon the plan to ride the whole route back again in favour of taking the train home. Ahhh..convenient public transport links!

I doubt I will be doing that amount of exercise again so soon. But then, we mustn't think of such unpleasant thoughts. I will concentrate on setting up my pretty new netbook! :)

No comments: