Sunday 22 November 2009

Freezin' Popsicles

Cantoland has been having a cold spell of late. Normally we should be able to go swimming in the sea at the end of November, in fact, some die-hards still do that on New Year's day in Aberdeen -_-'' but that is another story. Wimpy Chinese people do not even go out of their homes with less than five layers of clothing in 16 degrees celcius. So you can imagine how many layers the local population have been drawing on in 13 degrees celcius the past week.

And, for the very first time, I feel truly Chinese. I wore a tanktop under my uniform to keep me warm. Total: 2 layers. Which, to my asisstants, is a vast improvement to my previous baby-tees in mid-winter. :)

Hopefully, the termostat will rise a little. I prefer the comfortable temperature of 20 degrees celcius. *bliss*

This week, I have been busy planning my holidays. Finally got my Shang Hai tickets for Christmas with the girls. We are going boy man-hunting, and China is supposed to be full of rich men with too much money and too little time to spend it. Where better, than to go to the financial capital of China for our little fishing expedition? :) Then to plan my New Year's trip to Vietnam and a trip to Harbin for the Ice Festival in -40 degrees celcius. My fingers and toes are so going to fall off! Then it will be time for Chinese New Year *yay* and pineapple tarts *yum*. I love pineapple tarts!

Anyone wants to come traveling with me? :)
21st-26th Dec - Shang Hai, China
1st- 3rd Jan - Ho Chi Min, Vietnam
14th-18th Jan - Harbin, China
12th-21st Feb - Kuching, Sarawak & Kuala Lumpur.
13th-20th June - Climb Mt. Kinabalu & stay up there *cavewoman hohoho*

I haven't got time to plan for Beijing and Xi'an and all...

Six weeks till the end of the year!!

4 comments:

LX said...

It is still about 10-14 degrees here in London. I expected colder, but glad it is still "air-con" weather for now.

Stella said...

LX: OOuu.. that is still a pleasant temperature! :)

Flo Flo said...

I'll be in Borneo 9th till 19th Feb 2010

Stella said...

Flo: will I see you then?